PLACES.TRAVEL is a publishing property of Odyssey Storyworks, LLC (“Odyssey”). Usage of the website indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
General Terms of Service
1. BASIC TERMS
These Terms apply to all users of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. This includes, but is not limited to, non-registered users, registered users, and users who contribute or access Content through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service.
You may use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service only if you can form a binding contract with PLACES.TRAVEL and are not a person barred from receiving the PLACES.TRAVEL Service under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction. You may use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and Content only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations. You certify that you are legally permitted to use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and access PLACES.TRAVEL. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the PLACES.TRAVEL Service is revoked in those jurisdictions. PLACES.TRAVEL makes no claim that the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and PLACES.TRAVEL may be lawfully viewed or that Content may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the PLACES.TRAVEL Service from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
You may not use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service if you are under 13 years old. Any registration by anyone under 13 is void. By completing the registration process described in Section 2, you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older.
You are responsible for safeguarding your account information and password. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Account, whether by you or any third party and whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. We encourage you to exercise caution when sharing any account or personal information with any third parties or third party services. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security known to you.
Your status as a registered user is subject to your continued compliance with these Terms, and we reserve the right to refuse registration for the PLACES.TRAVEL Service to, or remove the Account of, any user or participant at any time in our sole discretion.
Any text, html, URLs, images, graphics, video, other rich media content, or other materials submitted to, posted to, uploaded to, downloaded from, or appearing or existing on the PLACES.TRAVEL Service is referred to herein as Content. As a registered user, you can contribute Content through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service for the duration of these Terms, and you will always retain ownership of the rights you have to your Content.
You grant us a worldwide, transferable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, cache, store, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, publish, transmit, display, and distribute (in any and all media or distribution methods, now known or later developed) any Content you upload, submit, or otherwise contribute to the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. You understand that your Content may be used by our partners or us and that you may be subject to liability if you do not have adequate rights to authorize the foregoing license to your Content. You agree that the foregoing license includes the right for PLACES.TRAVEL to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services. Without limiting the scope of the Content license in this Section 3, we may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display, or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services, or media.
The Content you contribute to the PLACES.TRAVEL Service can be viewed by other users of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and possibly through third-party websites and services, so you should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms. You are responsible for any Content you contribute, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted.
We may or may not monitor or control the Content contributed via the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and we disclaim responsibility for such Content. We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to accept or distribute any Content on the PLACES.TRAVEL Service.
4. RESTRICTIONS & OWNERSHIP
We invite you to use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service provided that your use is subject to and must comply with these Terms. You are not authorized to reproduce, modify, create derivative works, distribute, sell, market, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, or otherwise use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or any Content that is not your own except as necessary to enable you to enjoy the PLACES.TRAVEL Service as provided by PLACES.TRAVEL. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree not to (and to not allow any third party to): (a) use the trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features or any copyright or other proprietary rights associated with the PLACES.TRAVEL Service for any purpose without the express written consent of PLACES.TRAVEL; (b) register, attempt to register, or assist anyone else to register any trademark, trade name, serve marks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features, copyright or other proprietary rights associated with PLACES.TRAVEL; or (c) remove, obscure, or alter any notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right appearing in or on any item included with the PLACES.TRAVEL Service.
The PLACES.TRAVEL Service and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other laws, and PLACES.TRAVEL or its licensors own all rights, title, and interest in and to the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and Content (except your Content) and all intellectual property rights therein.
5. COPYRIGHTS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
We respect copyright law and expect our users to do the same. The copyrights and other intellectual property rights of creators and owners of any Content are important to PLACES.TRAVEL. If you become aware of misuse of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service by any person, please contact help@PLACES.TRAVEL to report any abuse. If you receive a notice of infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act for any content that is transmitted to us as part of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, you will immediately provide notice to us so that we can take appropriate action.
PLACES.TRAVEL has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement with respect to the PLACES.TRAVEL Service in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, a copy of which is located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf. The address of PLACES.TRAVEL’s Designated Agent for copyright takedown notices (“Designated Agent”) and to learn more, visit our How to Report Copyrights Infringement page.
We do our best to keep the PLACES.TRAVEL Services safe, but we can not guarantee it. We need your help to do that. You agree not to do any of the following while using the PLACES.TRAVEL Service:
• Use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service beyond the scope of these Terms;
• Post, publish, submit, link to, or transmit any text, graphics, or other material, whether as Content, Feedback, or otherwise, that: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another’s privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic, or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and publicity; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
• Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, PLACES.TRAVEL’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of PLACES.TRAVEL’s providers;
• Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any PLACES.TRAVEL system, network, or software or breach any PLACES.TRAVEL security or authentication measures;
• Access or search or attempt to access or search the PLACES.TRAVEL Service by any means (automated or otherwise) including but not limited to any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism, except through the currently available published interfaces that are provided by PLACES.TRAVEL (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with PLACES.TRAVEL;
• Send unsolicited email, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or promotions or advertisements for products or services via the PLACES.TRAVEL Service;
• Engage in any unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on the PLACES.TRAVEL Service;
• Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the PLACES.TRAVEL Service;
• Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any member or other user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the PLACES.TRAVEL Service;
• Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
• Launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the PLACES.TRAVEL Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the PLACES.TRAVEL servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser, including but not limited to using scripts to connect with other members or send comments or messages to other members;
• Use sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading, or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to your profile;
• Solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else;
• Collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the PLACES.TRAVEL Service; or
• Use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, or the communication systems provided by the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, to display any commercial advertisement that is not authorized in writing by PLACES.TRAVEL, promote or engage in commercial transactions through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, or accept payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service.
7. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, & ADVERTISING
The PLACES.TRAVEL Service may contain links or references to third-party websites or resources (including but not limited to links provided by other users of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service), as well as Content and other information belonging to or originating from third parties (including but not limited to other users of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service) (collectively, the Third-Party Sites, Resources, and Content). You understand that by using the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, you may be exposed to Third-Party Sites, Resources, and Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. You acknowledge and agree that PLACES.TRAVEL is not responsible or liable, and PLACES.TRAVEL disclaims any liability, for: (i) the availability or accuracy of the Third-Party Sites, Resources, and Content; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from the Third-Party Sites, Resources, and Content. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Third-Party Sites, Resources, and Content or endorse any opinions expressed via the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your visits to or use of any Third-Party Sites, Resources, and Content.
The PLACES.TRAVEL Service may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content provided by you or others through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, for example in your posts or queries. The types and extent of advertising provided through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service are subject to change. In consideration for PLACES.TRAVEL granting you use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, you agree that PLACES.TRAVEL and its third-party providers and partners may place such advertising on the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or in connection with the display of Content or information from the PLACES.TRAVEL Service whether submitted by you or others.
9. FEES AND PAYMENT
Some of the Services require payment of fees. All fees are stated in U.S. dollars. You shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Site in connection with such Services selected by you, and any related taxes or additional charges. All fees are non-refundable unless expressly stated otherwise on the Site. You represent to PLACES.TRAVEL that you are the authorized account holder or an authorized user of the chosen method of payment used to pay for the paid aspects of the Services. All fee-based Services are provided “AS IS” with no warranties of any kind. PLACES.TRAVEL may modify and/or eliminate such fee-based Services at its discretion.
PLACES.TRAVEL may change its prices at any time but will provide you reasonable notice of any such changes by posting the new prices on the Site and by sending you email notification. If you do not wish to pay the new prices, you may cancel the services prior to the change going into effect.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend PLACES.TRAVEL (if PLACES.TRAVEL so elects), PLACES.TRAVEL’s other users, and PLACES.TRAVEL’s officers, directors, employees, successors, agents, partners, and third-party service providers, at your expense, from all third-party claims, and all related damages, losses, liabilities, settlements, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of (i) your breach of these Terms, (ii) your use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, (iii) your Content, or (iv) your violations of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. PLACES.TRAVEL will provide you with written notice of any such claim. PLACES.TRAVEL reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and, if PLACES.TRAVEL exercises such right, you agree to cooperate with PLACES.TRAVEL as reasonably required in the defense of such claim.
11. WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMER
You represent and warrant that (i) you have rights necessary to grant to PLACES.TRAVEL the rights to use your Content, as contemplated under these Terms, (ii) the submission and use of your Content on or through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or as otherwise contemplated herein does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any person or entity, (iii) you will comply with all laws and regulations, and (iv) you will comply with all guidelines or other terms PLACES.TRAVEL makes available to you (via the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or otherwise) related to your use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity that arise as a result of any Content posted by you on or through the PLACES.TRAVEL Service.
THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY PLACES.TRAVEL AS IS AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, CLAIMS OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY PLACES.TRAVEL, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE, OR CONTENT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, AND PLACES.TRAVEL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALSO THOSE THAT COULD BE CREATED BY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR TRADE USAGE.
PLACES.TRAVEL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE, OR CONTENT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR BE FREE FROM ERRORS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE OR PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR UNINTERRUPTED. PLACES.TRAVEL DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE, OR CONTENT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PLACES.TRAVEL MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE, OR CONTENT YOU ACCESS THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE OR THE TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE. PLACES.TRAVEL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE AND PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE WILL BE OPERABLE AT ALL TIMES OR ANY TIME. WITHOUT LIMITING THE EFFECT OF THIS SECTION 11, YOU AGREE THAT PLACES.TRAVEL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR UNAVAILABILITY (1) CAUSED BY OUTAGES TO ANY PUBLIC INTERNET BACKBONES, NETWORKS OR SERVERS, (2) CAUSED BY ANY FAILURES OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, SYSTEMS OR LOCAL ACCESS SERVICES, (3) FOR MAINTENANCE OR (4) RELATING TO EVENTS BEYOND PLACES.TRAVEL’S CONTROL SUCH AS STRIKES, RIOTS, INSURRECTION, FIRES, FLOODS, EXPLOSIONS, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTION, LABOR CONDITIONS, EARTHQUAKES, NATURAL DISASTERS, OR INTERRUPTIONS IN INTERNET SERVICES TO AN AREA WHERE PLACES.TRAVEL’S SERVERS ARE LOCATED OR CO-LOCATED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM PLACES.TRAVEL OR THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THESE TERMS AND FORMED THE BASIS FOR DETERMINING THE PRICE CHARGED FOR THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE AND PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, SO PORTIONS OF THIS DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE AND PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU. PLACES.TRAVEL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE, PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE, OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, PLACES.TRAVEL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY OF YOUR CONTENT OR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE.
IN NO EVENT WILL PLACES.TRAVEL’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE OR PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO US FOR USE OF THE PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE AND PLACES.TRAVEL SOFTWARE AND ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN PLACES.TRAVEL AND YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You may terminate your account and discontinue your use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service at any time. These Terms will be deemed terminated fifteen (15) days following the termination of your account and discontinuation of your use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. We may, in our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate or cease providing the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or any portions thereof, terminate these Terms, or suspend or terminate your account. These Terms will terminate automatically upon your material breach of any provision. Upon any termination of these Terms or the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, your authorization to use the PLACES.TRAVEL Service will terminate immediately and you will discontinue all use of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service. Upon termination or expiration of these Terms for any reason, Sections 3, 4 (except your right to use the Service), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 16 will survive.
14. MODIFICATION TO TERMS OF PLACES.TRAVEL SERVICE AND OTHER POLICIES
In efforts to improve the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, the PLACES.TRAVEL Service may be modified by us at any time without prior notice to you. You agree and understand that the PLACES.TRAVEL Service, as modified, will be subject to these Terms. We may change, suspend or discontinue providing the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or any of their features or content to you or to users generally for any or no reason, at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the PLACES.TRAVEL Service at our sole discretion at any time without liability or prior notice to you.
If you do not agree with our modifications to these Terms, you agree that your only recourse is to decline such terms and stop using the PLACES.TRAVEL Service.
We invite you at any time to provide your feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the PLACES.TRAVEL Service or the PLACES.TRAVEL Software (the Feedback). Any feedback you may provide regarding PLACES.TRAVEL or the PLACES.TRAVEL Service is entirely voluntary. You agree that PLACES.TRAVEL will own all Feedback, and you hereby assign and agree to assign to PLACES.TRAVEL all right, title, and interest in and to your Feedback and all intellectual property rights associated therewith. In addition, you hereby waive any moral rights you have to your Feedback. You are free to submit your feedback here.
These Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between PLACES.TRAVEL and you regarding the PLACES.TRAVEL Service and PLACES.TRAVEL Software, and these Terms supersede and replace any prior agreements, representations and communications (both written and oral) between PLACES.TRAVEL and you regarding the PLACES.TRAVEL Service; provided that, if you enter into a separate written agreement with PLACES.TRAVEL, such written agreement will supersede these Terms to the extent there is a conflict. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or licenses herein to any other person or entity. PLACES.TRAVEL reserves the right to assign these Terms to any other entity.
The failure of PLACES.TRAVEL to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be reformed to the extent necessary to make it enforceable to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect. The rights under these Terms may only be waived by a written document executed by both parties.
These Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of these Terms will be the state and federal courts located in Dallas County, Texas, and the parties consent to personal jurisdiction therein and waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
The PLACES.TRAVEL Service is provided by Odyssey Storyworks LLC, 302 N. Market St., Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75202. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chute Usage Terms And Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE SUBMISSION TERMS (“TERMS”) CAREFULLY. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT TERMS THAT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. WHEN YOU MAKE A SUBMISSION TO A SOPADRE WEBSITE ON WHICH THESE TERMS APPEAR (A “SITE”) OR SEND THE HASHTAG #YESPLACES TO PLACES.TRAVEL, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
- You may be viewing these Terms on a small screen. If so, here are the highlights of the Terms below (but please read the Terms).
- You own the photo or other Content (as defined below) that you submit. Nothing in these Terms changes that.
- You are giving Places.Travel (dba goplaces.travel, places_travl, weekly wanderer, and gotravelplaces) a license to use the Content on the Site and on Places.Travel other websites, apps, e-mail, and social media channels for advertising, marketing and/or promotional purposes.
- You are also giving Places.Travel a license to use your name and image and other biographic material in conjunction with the Content.
- If any third party has any rights in your Content (e.g., someone else took a photo or appears in a photo), you represent that you have all the rights and permissions needed from those third parties to grant Places.Travel the license to use your Content in accordance with these Terms and nothing in the Content is inappropriate or defamatory.
- You are releasing Places.Travel from any liability arising out of its use of the Content as described in these Terms and you promise not to sue Places.Travel for such use.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (LONG FORM) FOR CONTENT PROVIDERS TO PLACES.TRAVEL (GOPLACES.TRAVEL, PLACES_TRAVL, GOTRAVELPLACES, WEEKLY WANDERER), WWW.PLACES.TRAVEL
By replying to Places.Travel consent request to participate in Chute (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #YesPlaces you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Places.Travel (goplaces.travel, places_travl) doing business as www.places.travel also agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Places.Travel may terminate its Websites or its use of your content at any time at its discretion.
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this agreement and to grant any and all rights to your user generated content (Content) in the form of original photography, video or text.
You understand and agree that your Content will be publicly displayed and it will not be treated in confidence. In fact, many people from around the world will be able to view your Content and by replying to Places.Travel’s request for consent you provide the Places.Travel with the right to use and share your Content on their official websites including but not limited to www.places.travel as well as in all of their social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
PLACES.TRAVEL RIGHTS TO USER GENERATED CONTENT
By replying to Places.Travel’s consent request to participate in Chute (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #YesPlaces you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You grant Places.Travel and affiliate agents a perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast and publicly display your Content (or any modification thereto) in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed and b) use (and permit others to use) your Content in any manner and for any purpose, including and without limitations: marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional purposes that Places.Travel or their affiliate agents deem appropriate.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content. Places.Travel is not required to host, display, or distribute any Content on or through their Websites and may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. Places.Travel is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content.
By replying to Places.Travel’s consent request to participate in Chute (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #YesPlaces, you represent and warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this agreement and you are not impersonating anyone else
- you own all rights in and to your Content including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Content (if any) and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant the same rights to Places.Travel as described herein
- your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party individual or entity
- you agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of Places.Travel and its affiliate agents
- you voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your Content
- any information contained in your Content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate or misleading
- your Content does not violate any law
- you were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your Content
- you will not be compensated or granted any consideration in any way by Places.Travel for the use of your Content
- your Content does not incorporate materials from a third party website, copyright protected materials or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself
- your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon Places.Travel or their marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts
You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Places.Travel and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against Places.Travel, The Places.Travel team and affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers or their respecting successor without limitation resulting from the use of your Content or anything contained therein by the MOT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Places.Travel and its affiliate agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including a reasonable amount of attorney’s fees) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your breach of these terms and conditions. Places.Travel reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you agree to cooperate with Places.Travel’s defense of such claims.
MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Places.Travel may, at its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will be posted on sopadre.com/chute-terms-and-conditions along with the new effective date
Should you want your content removed from the Places.Travel Website(s), you will need to send a message to the following: email@example.com. Once Places.Travel acknowledges receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for any action to take place.
LINKING, CRAWLING AND ARCHIVING
If you would like to link to the Website(s) of Places.Travel you must comply with the following guidelines:
- you must not incorporate any content from this site into your site or social media channels by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around the Website Content. You may only link to, not replicate, the Website Content of Places.Travel
- you may not use any Places.Travel trademarks, logos, designs or service marks in your links
- you may not create the appearance of a relationship or affiliation with Places.Travel
- your site or social media channels may not contain offensive, distasteful, illegal or inappropriate Content
If you would like to use a web crawler or other search tool to gather information from Places.Travel’s Website(s) you must comply with the provisions of the robots.txt file of the site and you may not circumvent CAPTCHA or other security measures.
CAUTION: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any Places.Travel Website(s), tamper with the aggregation process or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the program maybe be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Places.Travel reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) and to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement together with any additional terms to which you agree when using particular elements of the Website(s) constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you and Places.Travel.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas. Should any and all legal disputes connected with the Content arise, resolution will take place in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas.